Are you passionate about creating memorable customer experiences in a retail setting? Do people come to you with questions about good food? Looking for a job that makes a positive impact? If so, we’d love to chat. Stockbox First Hill Grocery is hiring a part-time (15-25 hours/week) Customer Service Expert! See the job description below for details about the role and application process:
Stockbox is the new neighborhood grocery. We are building a network of small format grocery stores throughout the city to provide a local resource for fresh foods and essential staples.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERT:
Stockbox First Hill is seeking candidates who are passionate about good food and community to join our growing team. The Customer Service Expert is a vital member of the Stockbox Neighborhood Grocery team, and is responsible for creating memorable experiences and upholding the Stockbox standard for excellence. Specifically, the CSE will engage with customers, sell products, operate a cash register, assist with inventory and merchandising, and maintain the cleanliness of the store. If you love learning about food, serving guests with a smile, engaging with fun and energetic people, and directly contributing to the development of the in-store experience, then Stockbox could be the right place for you to grow your career.
- 1-2 years customer service, sales, and/or retail experience.
- Passionate about good food – eating, cooking, learning, sharing, and promoting.
- Possess natural and exceptional customer service skills.
- High energy, gregarious, friendly.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Bilingual a plus.
- Resourceful, adaptable, thinks quickly on feet.
- Able to self-direct and work unassisted.
- Comfortable with computers, numbers, and cash handling. Will train on point of sale system.
- Able to handle multiple customers and busy periods while remaining energized, fast and accurate.
- Experience working with diverse communities preferred.
- Flexible schedule. Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 4 hours without a break.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 40 pounds, unassisted.
- Fit to work in start-up environment.
- Must be 18 years or older.
APPLY TO JOIN OUR TEAM: Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should address relationship/experience with food, relevant customer service experience, and why you’re excited about joining the First Hill team.