I am known for my obsession for cute mugs and my addiction to ginger tea. When I’m in the office, I typically brew up two pots of tea a day, never tiring of the warmth and relaxation it offers. I’ve even got my toddler started on it.
But, that doesn’t mean I really know what I’m doing. And, since we are promoting Stash Teas this week, I thought I’d do some research and put together some tips and tricks for making the perfect cup of tea, for you and for me.
- Pick your cup: I believe it’s of vital importance to have a mug (or pot) that you feel connected to. I may be weird but I can’t stomach drinking out of anything that doesn’t inspire me.
- Find your signature flavor: I love ginger tea but I also appreciate a really good black tea. Keep exploring until you find the tea(s) that soothe your soul
- Don’t overboil your water: As much as I’d love to set and forget that kettle, it’s important you stand by your kettle and make sure you don’t overboil that water. A good rule of thumb is to grab that water just before it comes to a boil
- Warm your cup or pot first: Just like food tastes better on a warm plate, tea tastes better in a warm cup. Before you put your tea into the cup, swish some of the hot water in it.
- Patiently steep: for 3 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag: just admit it….we all sometimes forget this step
- Cherry on top: Don’t forget to stir in some warm milk and honey, or whatever additional flavors will put that tea together
Feel like you want to take your tea to the next level, check out this tip sheet from Stash Tea, which covers just about everything you need to know about making the perfect tea, hot or cold. And stop by Stockbox this week, because Stash is 2 for $6.
photo courtesy of Stashtea.com