This month we’re all about fueling the madness and gearing up for March Madness, the official season of snacks and drinks. And while we’re running an amazing discount ($1 off full-size chips with the purchase of a six-pack of beer, water, or soda), the reality is, as we fill in our brackets, it’s not all from a bag. We’ve pulled a few ideas from our favorite local food bloggers to show off great snacks that don’t come straight from a bag—but are almost as easy to make.
- Curried Roasted Chickpeas from Snacking Kitchen: as addicting as popcorn or potato chips, but full of protein!
- Pickled Grapes from Not Without Salt: Nature’s candy is taken up a notch.
- Spicy Baked Flaxseed Tortilla Chips from Savory Sweet Life: A homemade version of a store-bought favorite.
- Goat Cheese and Rosemary Crackers from Heather Christo: Sounds awfully fancy for making a snack, but these are surprisingly easy—they’ll be ready to go in less than an hour.
- Spiced Almonds from Mon Appetit: Because Cynthia Nims literally wrote the book(s) on snacking.